Personal Information (PI)
Personal Information (PI) means a person's first name and last name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following data elements that relate to such person: a) Social Security number; b) driver's license number or identification card number; or c) financial account number, or credit or debit card number, with or without any required security code, access code, personal identification number or password, that would permit access to a resident's financial account; provided, however, that personal information shall not include information that is lawfully obtained from publicly available information, or from federal, state or local government records lawfully made available to the general public.
Eightolives does not normally collect PI information on customers, however, if you purchase something through our store, our third-party commerce agent, PayPal, may. Please read any privacy notices as you use their services during the purchasing process.
Eightolives maintains a Written Information Security Program in accordance with Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.00.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that can be directly associated with an individual (such as name, email address, or telephone number), or information about activities directly linked to an individual (such as products and services you have licensed or purchased). We collect PII from you in the following ways:
1. Information We Collect
Information provided to us directly
You, or someone acting on your behalf, may provide PII to us when you interact with us online and off line. For example:
- We may gather such things as name, physical address, email address and phone number when you contact or communicate with us;
- We may gather information such as the products and services you purchase, license, download or register
- We may gather user preferences, product interests, industry focus, community choices and other customer profile information when you register for an online account, subscribe to a newsletter, participate in communities or an event, program, class or promotion, or click on a URL;
Information we collect through technology: Products and services
Certain products and services you license, purchase or download from Eightolives may connect and transmit telemetry and system/product data to Eightolives (or its authorized agents). This data may include, but is not limited to, system model, operating system, host ID and IP address.
We use this information to tell you when updates and new product versions are available, provide agreed upon diagnostic, monitoring and management services, as well as enhance our products and services, and better communicate with you.
Information we collect through technology: Online web technologies
These cookies and similar technologies enable us to collect certain types of information about your visit to Eightolives's web sites such as:
- Internet Protocol Address;
- Browser type;
- Operating system;
- Referring site (site you visited before coming to our site);
- Date and time of visit;
- URL of pages visited; and
- Other browsing behavior, such as products and white papers downloaded.
If you use eightolives' web apps such as Schematic Mobile, Waveform Viewer, Layout, Editor or Trains, the web app software is stored in your browser's application cache to permit offline operation. Your browser has controls to remove, block or allow those operations.
Most browsers allow you to remove and block cookies and web beacons. Please note that if you choose to erase or block cookies, you will need to re-enter your user ID and password to access certain parts of Eightolives's web sites. You may also notice that you will be served only generic information not tailored to your specific interests.
In addition, if you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain Eightolives web site features or take full advantage of our offerings.
Information from other sources
We sometimes obtain information from other sources, such as data from our third-party commerce vendor PayPal. This data includes name, address, telephone, email, and product or services ordered.
If you give us PII on behalf of someone else (or someone else gives us PII on your behalf), the person providing the PII must have consent to do so from the person whose information is being provided to Eightolives.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We use PII to conduct business, provide information and support for products and services, better understand your needs and interests, refine and develop our business, improve services, personalize communications and ensure a quality experience with Eightolives. For example, we may use your information to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with you;
- Contact you with relevant promotions and information about Eightolives and affiliated third-parties;
- Process, fulfill and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, training and information;
- Create and maintain an account and register products and systems;
- Engage in market research;
- Measure, analyze and improve our products and services, the effectiveness of our web sites, and our advertising and marketing;
- Personalize content and advertising;
- Help identify and communicate offers of products, programs and services that may be of interest to you;
- Send "refer-a-friend" email on your behalf;
- Comply with legal requirements; or
3. How We Share and Disclose PII
We may share or disclose your PII as follows:
- To our service providers and suppliers, who are acting and using your information solely on our behalf;
- As necessary, if we suspect a violation of our policies or to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity;
- Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law;
- In the event that Eightolives or any of its assets are acquired, your information may be transferred with the company or the asset;
- To other third-parties for purposes you have allowed; or
- When posted by you or an authorized third-party to our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other social networking environments.
4. Notice and Choice
Eightolives provides notice about its use of PII in this Policy, in our web pages, and in other locations where we collect information. You can choose whether or not to provide your PII to us. If you choose not to provide PII, you can continue to interact with Eightolives, but you may be not be able to take advantage of certain offers, options, events and services that depend upon accurate PII.
You can update your marketing communications preferences by logging into your Eightolives Online Account or by following the unsubscribe instructions you have received in a marketing email. Please note that transactional, relationship and legally required communications will not be affected by the choices you have made about marketing communications.
5. Onward Transfer
We will only share personal information with third parties if those third parties provide an adequate level of data protection to help ensure the security of personal data, such as by agreeing to abide by the Safe Harbor principles.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the PII we have collected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
If you have a password, help protect any PII accessible through it by keeping your password confidential. If you share a computer, especially a public computer, terminate your internet session by logging out and closing the browser to guard against subsequent users having access to your information.
Your login user name to eightolives tools and services is your email address. If you request to change your password on-line, a new temporary password will be sent to you either via email or U.S. Mail.
7. Access and Accuracy
We want to maintain the accuracy of your contact information. If you need to update or correct it, please do so by logging into your Eightolives account.
You also may update your information by emailing help@.eightolives.com, or writing to:
95 Riverdale St
Methuen, Massachusetts 01844
and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes as soon as possible. Before we make any changes, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. We may keep a copy of the prior information for our records.
We provide individuals with reasonable access to their PII in order to have it corrected, amended or deleted where it is inaccurate or inappropriate for the specified purposes of processing.
8. Children's Privacy
Eightolives' web sites and marketing are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If that policy changes, we will obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect PII from anyone under the age of 13.
9. Our Commitment
We are committed to privacy and are actively involved in current industry initiatives to preserve individual privacy rights. Our privacy practices are constantly evolving to meet new requirements, standards, technologies and customer desires.
Eightolives regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Eightolives' treatment of PII by contacting us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
95 Riverdale St
Methuen, Massachusetts 01844
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice and we will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.